Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2022 will be celebrated on May 7 2022 across the nation. Rabindranath Tagore, popularly known as Gurudev, was born on this day, May 7, 1861, in Kolkata. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913 for the creation of the world famous epic ‘Gitanjali’. He was not only a world famous poet but also a writer, playwright, musician, philosopher, social reformer and painter.
Rabindranath Tagore was a multifaceted personality. He was a gifted composer and composed more than two thousand songs in his life. He has the distinction of writing the National Anthem for India and Bangladesh. Today on the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, know his unforgettable thoughts-
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti- His Precious Thoughts
- Rabindranath Tagore, rich in prodigious talent, wrote his first poem at the age of 8 and started writing stories and plays at the age of 16.
- Rabindranath Tagore was of the view that if the doors to all wrongs were closed, the truth would be left out.
- Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore is the only poet whose compositions became the national anthems of two countries. One of his compositions is the national anthem of India ‘Jana-Gana-mana’ and ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ is the national anthem of Bangladesh.
- According to Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore, a mind without reasoning is like a knife that has only a blade. It injures the person using it.
- Gurudev was of the view that the highest education is that which not only gives us information, but also brings our lives in harmony with all existence.
- Gurudev thought that the artist is a lover of nature. He is his slave as well as his master.
- Rabindranath Tagore was a lover of nature and he established the Shantineketan Institute in the lap of nature.