Ekdant Sankashti Chaturthi is celebrated every year on the Chaturthi Tithi of Krishna Paksha of Jyeshtha month. On this day Lord Ganesha is worshiped and his grace invoked. Worshiping Lord Ganesha fulfills all the wishes.
Lord Ganesha is the first worshiped deity before any pooja or auspicious occasion. Any auspicious work begins with the worship of Lord Ganesha. It is said that Lord Ganesha ji had obtained this boon from his parents, Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. According to the boon no pooja or auspicious and new task can be started without invoking the grace of Lord Ganesha.
It is very easy to please Lord Ganesha. Lord Ganesha is most forgiving and is not of ugra or angry nature. The pooja method is very simple and can be done by anyone. The materials required for the pooja of Lord Ganesha is also very simple and basic. Let us know the complete list of Ekadanta Sankashta Chaturthi date, worship method, auspicious time and worship material-
Ekadant Sankashti Chaturthi Date – May 19, 2022
Chaturthi Tithi Begins – May 18, 2022 at 11:36 PM
Chaturthi date ends – May 19, 2022 at 08:23 PM
Ekadant Sankashti Chaturthi Worship Method
- Light a lamp in the temple of the house.
- If possible, keep fast on this day also.
- Anoint the Lord Ganesha with Ganga water.
- Offer flowers to Lord Ganesha.
- Also offer Durva grass to Lord Ganesha. According to religious beliefs, Lord Ganesha is pleased by offering Durva grass.
- Apply vermilion to Lord Ganesha.
- Meditate on Lord Ganesha.
- Place offerings to Ganesh ji as well. You can also offer modaks or laddoos to Lord Ganesha.
- Worship of the moon is also important in this fast.
- In the evening, break the fast only after sighting the moon.
- Do the aarti of Lord Ganesha.
Ekadant Sankashti Chaturthi Puja Material List
- Lord Ganesha Statue
- Red cloth